This placement will see me based at the University of Melbourne working with some of their 31 amazing museum collections. I will be undertaking several different projects with these collections to further develop my curatorial and collections managment skills . . . I know I'm going to have lots of fun along the way too!!

Thursday 5 July 2012

Who knew work could be such fun?!

Carefully packing the sheets of fabric after removing them from the walls. . .


. . . and having fun as we do so!
 Have now completed a day on each of my projects and cannot believe the week has gone so quickly - time really does fly when you're having fun! I had a fantastic day working with the Print Collection at the University yesterday; I've never worked with anything like that before so it was really enjoyable. Today I was with the conservation team removing some fabric which was lining walls of a room in a building on campus. The team were lovely to work with and very paitent with me as I learnt the ropes. Even in this first few days I have begun to develop my skills, from research to practical handling, and I have met some lovely colleagues along the way. Can't wait to carry on next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment